1. What is Leegality?
Leegality is a platform to eSign your documents using your Aadhaar Number. Anyone having an Aadhaar number and access to the Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number/Email ID can use Leegality to eSign documents.2. How can I eSign documents using Leegality?
To eSign a document, you just need to upload the document and enter your Aadhaar Number. On entering the Aadhaar Number, you get a One Time Password (OTP) on your Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number and E-mail ID. As soon as you enter the OTP, the document is eSigned within seconds.3. How can I invite others to eSign my documents?
You can easily send invitation to others to eSign your documents by just entering their name and email ID.4. Are eSigns done through Leegality legal and court admissible?
Yes, pursuant to the gazette notification here, Aadhaar eSigns are acceptable electronic signatures under the IT Act, 2000. Aadhaar eSigns are issued by Controller of Certifying Authorities, Ministry of Electronics and IT, Govt. of India.
Grey Swift Private Limited, which is the parent company of Leegality is a registered Application Service Provider under the Aadhaar eSign Framework, and has the authority to provide eSign services.
Digitally Signed documents are accessible in courts as primary evidence under Section 62 of the Indian Evidence Act. Printed versions of the same are also admissible as long as they are accompanied by a certificate issued under Section 65B. If you wish to use a printed version and need a certificate under Section 65B of the Evidence Act, please write us a mail to email@example.com and we will get back to you at the earliest.5. How am I charged for eSigns?
You are charged for every eSign you perform and every invitation you send to others. Single Document eSigns and invitations are charged for 1 credit and Multi- Document eSigns and invitations are charged for 3 credits.6. How do I validate eSigns once I download the completed document?
You can download and import the below mentioned certificates in your PC. Once you do that, ADOBE Reader will automatically verify the signatures.
Alternatively, please follow these steps to do it manually:
- Download the document and open it with Adobe Reader
- Click on Signature Panel at the top or the eSign appearance.
- When ‘Signature Validation Status’ opens, click ‘Signature Properties’.
- In ‘Signature Properties’ window, click ‘Show Signer’s Certificate’.
- You will be redirected to ‘Certificate Viewer’ window. Click the tab named ‘Trust’.
- Click ‘Add to Trusted Certificates’. Click ‘OK’ in the pop-up that follows.
- You will next see ‘Import Contact Settings’ window. Check (Tick) the boxes provided before Certified documents and the three other options that follow it. And click ‘OK’ to continue.
- You will be redirected to ‘Certificate Viewer’ window, click OK at the bottom.
- Click ‘Validate Signature’ in Signature Properties window. And then click ‘Close’.
- Now your eSign is complete. Your eSign will have a Green Tick mark which means it is legally valid.
eSigns can be used for all kinds of documents including forms, agreements, invoices etc. except the documents that are exempt from the applicability under the IT Act, 2000, which are:
- a negotiable instrument as defined in section 13 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
- a power-of-attorney as defined in section 1A of the Powers-of-Attorney Act, 1882.
- a trust as defined in section 3 of the Indian Trusts Act, 1882.
- a will as defined in clause (h) of section 2 of the Indian Succession Act, 1925, including any other testamentary disposition by whatever name called.
- any contract for the sale or conveyance of immovable property or any interest in such property.
- any such class of documents or transactions as may be notified by the Central Government in the Official Gazette.
The Leegality Document Library has four categories- Drafts, Sent, Received and Completed. Based on the status of the documents, you can access it from respective categories. Once the documents are completed, they are also mailed to the parties who have eSigned it in a password protected format.9. How can I pay Stamp duty on my documents?
You can pay Stamp duty for your digital documents by creating a Stamp Request from your Leegality Dashboard. Once you fill up the form, our vendor generates the eStamp Certificate/Stamp Paper and uploads a scanned copy usually within 24 working hours. After the scanned version is uploaded, you get a notification via email. You can then continue to upload and eSign your document. When you upload your document, the Stamp merges with the document.10. How is the Stamping process carried out?
While creating the Stamp request you get an option to choose the legend to be printed/typed on the physical copy of the Stamp. Our vendor generates the Stamp, prints the legend, and uploads a scanned copy. When you upload your document after that, the Stamp is merged with the document and the Unique Certificate Number/Serial Number of the Stamp is imprinted on the top of every page of the document.11. What happens to the physical copy of the eStamp Certificate/Stamp Paper?
The original versions of the eStamp Certificate/Stamp Paper are delivered to the address provided in the Stamp Form within a time period of 2-5 working days. The delivery charges for the same are added to the amount deducted from your wallet while creating the Stamp Request.12. How do I update my password?
You can update your password under the Account Settings in your Leegality Dashboard.13. Can I use integrate Leegality’s services in my product?
Yes, we have easy to use APIs for eSigning and eStamping. You can get access by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org